There are so many reasons to hire an FAA licensed drone pilot vs. a recreational pilot, especially for your next project. Recreational drone pilots lack the knowledge and expertise needed when working on a commercial project. A licensed drone pilot must pass what is known as a Part 107 exam. The exam covers numerous topics including regulations, airspace, weather, airport operations, and more. With a licensed pilot you get:
- the ability to fly higher (including in FAA controlled airspace)
- the ability to fly at night in controlled airspace
- more confident and skilled control of the drone
- greater options for how and where you can shoot, including from a moving vehicle, over people and cars, taller buildings and much more
- oh and one more thing, it’s completely LEGAL.
So if you are needing some drone footage or imagery for your next project keep us in mind! We have a fully licensed drone pilot on staff and he’s one heck of a videographer/photographer!