A press release is an official summary given to the media to notify of news, make a statement or announce an event. A good press release includes important facts, dates, products or services and messaging. It should tell the media why what you’re doing is important and why they should share the story.
Include the following for a good press release:
- Short, concise title – should immediately let readers know why they should care
- Subhead – summarize the information that follows
- Location – don’t forget to include where you are writing about
- Important details – try to stay to the point but give more details about the topic of the press release
- Bulleted list – use this to support your statements with statistics or other pertinent information
- Quotes – make sure to include quotes that can be used in an article
- Contact Information – include phone number and email address so that a reporter can follow up with you
Need help composing a great press release? Let us assist you! Drop us a line using the contact form.